Partnership for Young London; Entrepreneurship Insight Event
Aimed at young people interested in being an entrepreneur / social entrepreneur, or those simply curious to about entrepreneurship, Partnership for Young London hosted their first insight panel event in collaboration with the Guild on the 5th May.
The event included a panel of Guild Entrepreneurs speaking about their individual journeys, overcoming crisis and business opportunities post COVID-19. After which there was a lively Q&A section to ask bquestions directly to the panel.
Every participant received a worksheet to develop their own ideas – with the offer of a follow-up session to pitch them to a panel of entrepreneurs, receive valuable feedback and the possibility of mentorship, to further aid their development.
Entrepreneurs attending were David Barker, Christine Nicholson, Johnny Manning and James Talbot.
The Q&A and panel was hosted by young social entrepreneur and creator of Behind Home and Dilemma Talks, David Adesanya.
If you would like to see a video of the event it can be found here.
– One of the UK’s first internet entrepreneurs in 1994.
– Worked with global corporations e.g Intel, Microsoft and Cisco to drive the globalisation of the internet.
– Exited his Internet company in 2004 to become a social entrepreneur, innovating new solutions to problems in society.
– Works in the ward of Farringdon Within with his company Techcentre -The Social Innovation Agency.
– Volunteered with different charities in London including projects with young people in street gangs, families living in work poverty and with homeless people seeking refuge in soup kitchens.
– 25 years working hands-on with small and medium size businesses. Learning and teaching what it takes to successfully start, grow and sell or handover businesses.
– Christine is a Chartered Management Accountant with a law degree, a post-graduate degree in Information Systems Management, and a Professionally Accredited Business Mentor.
– Financial consultant at Succession Plus, a specialist Business Succession and Exit planning consulting firm.
– Director of Customer Happiness at Divine Legs Limited.
– Founder of Manning’s Tutors LTD
– 10 years experience delivering in-school tuition schemes, providing full education services for excluded pupils as well as readers, scribes and examiners for school exams.
– Johnny has a BSc in Mathematics
– Experienced recruiting, customer service, management and teaching.
– James has an MBA, is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Securities & Investment and has several advanced coaching diplomas for life and business coaching.
– First Director of Development for the International Coaching Federation in the UK and a founder member of the Association of Coaching.
– Business and executive coach working with business owners, boards and financial services professionals.
-Thirty years in business at the cutting edge of management and technology with specific expertise in financial services/FinTech and light engineering.