Company of Entrepreneurs Photographic Competition launched
Inspired by conversations and requests on the Company of Entrepreneurs closed WhatsAPP group, Past Master, and budding photographer, Lee Robertson is leading a team of Freemen and launching a Company-wide photographic competition. One winner will be drawn from each of the six categories in the Autumn each one will receive a half day photography group training course delivered by award winning photo-journalist James Vellacott (pictured) at his professional studios. The winning photos will be reproduced in the Company’s annual magazine, Dare, Create, Succeed. The judging panel will also recognise one individual who used a mobile phone to take their photograph.
Any Freeman can enter the competition and will need to submit their entries by email to [email protected] by the closing date of 31st July 2021.
The categories are:
- Lockdown life
- Staying local
- Small pleasures
- Signs of hope
- Family and friends
- Entrepreneurship in lockdown
- The photo must be accompanied with an email clearly showing the photographer’s name, email and mobile telephone number along with the category and the device used to take the photograph.
- The photo must be in its original state and cannot be altered in any way, including but not limited to removing, adding, reversing, or distorting subjects within the frame.
- Entries are accepted on the basis they may be judged and published by the Company of Entrepreneurs.
- Entries will not be accepted unless submitter agrees with all rules.
- Entries will be judged by individuals chosen from the Company. All decisions are final. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate or does not conform to stated contest rules.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree that photos submitted can be used by the Company for promotional purposes.
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- The prize must be collected by the winner and is non-transferable and has no cash value.
- The winner will be contacted via the email address provided during entry. If no response is received after [three] business days, a new winner will be selected and the previous winner will forfeit all rights to the prize.
- The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Entries should be still photos and are acceptable from all photography devices including smartphones.